Collecting your personal information
We collect, and have collected, Personal Information from the following categories within the last twelve (12) months, including, where necessary, certain information that may be considered sensitive (as indicated in italics below).
We may use or disclose Your Personal Information for one or more of the following business purposes indicated below.
Categories of personal Information
- Identifiers, such as name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal Information as listed in the California Customer Records statute, such as name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information (some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories).
- Protected classification characteristics under applicable laws, such as age (40 years or older), race, ancestry, national origin, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, pregnancy and related medical conditions), or genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Commercial information, such as records of products or services purchased or obtained.
- Biometric information, such as genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, health, or exercise data. Internet or other similar network activity, such as browsing history, search history, or information on Your interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as current or past job history or performance evaluations
How we will use your personal information
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the Personal Information is provide.
- To provide You with information, products or services that You request from Us.
- To provide You with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning Our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to You.
- To carry out Our obligations and enforce Our rights arising from any contracts entered into between You and Us.
- To improve Our website(s) and present its contents to You.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Us or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to You when collecting your Personal Information directly or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA or VCDPA.
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above directly from You, such as from documents or forms you provide to Us, or indirectly from You or from third-parties, such as where we collect Personal Information through the course of providing services.
We will not use the Personal Information We collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes than those listed above without providing You notice.
We may share Your Personal Information with affiliates, service providers and authorized agents for a business purpose. These third parties are restricted from using Your Personal Information in any way other than for a business purpose.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have shared the following categories of Personal Information with the third parties listed above for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records Personal Information categories;
- Protected classification characteristics under applicable law;
- Commercial information;
- Biometric information;
- Internet or other similar network activity; and
- Professional or employment-related information.
We may also provide your Personal Information to third parties to comply with legal obligations (such as courts or law enforcement) and to protect and defend our rights and property.
If we are considering or are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, or sale of Company assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred in connection with the transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
We have not sold or shared (as such term is defined in the CCPA) any of Your Personal information in the past twelve (12) months.
Subject to certain exceptions, You are entitled to specific rights as it relates to Your Personal Information. In particular, these rights include the right to (i) delete Your Personal Information; (ii) correct any inaccuracies in Your Personal Information; (iii) request more information on the collection and use of Your Personal Information; (iv) receive and transfer your Personal Information; and (v) not be discriminated against for exercising the above rights.
To exercise Your rights described above, please submit a request to Us by submitting a request as prescribed in the Contact Information section below.
Only You, or a person duly authorized on Your behalf, may make a request related to Your Personal Information. You may also make a request on behalf of Your minor child.
You may only make a request twice within a twelve (12) month period. Each request must provide sufficient information that allows Us to reasonably verify You are the person about whom We collected Personal Information or that you have duly authorized the person making the request on Your behalf. Your request must contain sufficient detail that allows Us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. In some instances, We may not be able to comply with Your request, in which case We will respond with the reasons that prevent Us from complying.
We will not discriminate against You for exercising any of Your rights under the CCPA or VCDPA.
We may update this Policy from time to time. When We do update it, for Your convenience, We will make the updated Policy available on this page. Changes and additions to the Policy are effective from the date on which they are posted. Please review the Policy from time to time to check whether We have made any changes to the way in which We use Your Personal Information.
If You have any questions or concerns regarding the way in which Your personal information is used, please contact Us via mail at 8 Moore Drive, Durham, North Carolina 27709, marking Your letter for the attention of the Privacy Office. Our Privacy Office can be contacted at [email protected].